View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 04:32 PM
redex777
N00b

redex777 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unable to boot EVO, unable to connect to PC for RUU

Greetings all. I am very sad right now. I have always considered myself an advanced user. I have Unlocked many WinMo phones with Hard-SPL and flashed many ROMs. With WinMo I have never been stuck for more than 20 minutes before figuring out how to fix it.

However, this EVO is killing my ego. I have HBOOT - 2.02.0000 and Radio - 2.15.00.09.01.

I was following the steps in the [highly confusing] EVERYTHING EVO post by FastRX8. I read the FAQ, downloaded the zips ("EVO-recovery" and "Full Root Files") and, according to the post's instruction, skipped to Section 7 because I have hboot 2.02. All was going well until step 7.9 when the device tried to load the PC36IMG.zip. The error was RADIO_V2 Fail-PU, but each load was successful after that. At the very end it said that the Update Failed and a prompt to reboot.

After that, when I tried to boot, it would get stuck at a screen with a little Icon of a phone with a large red /!\ on top. I held Volume Up and then pressed Power, and followed the prompt to clear storage/factory reset.

The result is (as previously stated) hanging on the initial white splash screen.

This is the most trouble I have had with any device, ever. I would appreciate any and all help that someone could provide for me.

Thank you.

Right now if I simply boot the device, it hangs at the white "htc EVO 4G" splash screen until I remove the battery (I waited 10+ minutes to be sure).