View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 06:37 AM
F22
Lurker

F22 is keeping up the good workF22 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool New Kernel (WisTilt2) 2nd Edition

Info: WisTilt2 has another test kernel he'd like some helpful volunteers with rhodiums to test. This test kernel is based on the previous test kernel posted by Arrrghhh earlier in this thread. In addition, it adds bzo's overclock with pm.sleep_mode=1 patch for even better battery life when you're overclocking. So set pm.sleep_mode=1 in your startup.txt when trying this, regardless of whether or not you're overclocking. It also adjusts the volume level of the speakerphone mic to make it easier to hear. Please report any problems you encounter with these kernels, including but not limited, to battery life and speakerphone. Please also mention your rhodium model. They may not all behave the same. Thanks.

WARNING:
This kernel is for RHODIUMS only. This kernel could potentially -BRICK- a non-rhodium. So only try this out if you have a rhodium.

Wifi:
There is a possibility that rhodium wifi is broken in the stripped version. (WisTilt2 and I use different toolchains. He built it, I stripped it to reduce its size. Our toolchains should theoretically be interoperable, but the resulting modules file is half the usual size. So I'm not entirely sure it will work.) If rhodium wifi doesn't work with the stripped version of the modules file, please give the fatter non-stripped version a try. Either way wifi isn't what we're testing here.

Kernel & Stripped Modules File
(1.94MB version):

wistilt2-kernel-pack-stripped.zip

Kernel & Non-Stripped Modules File
(fatter 8.69MB version, grab this only if you use wifi and the stripped version doesn't work):

wistilt2-kernel-pack.zip

---

Last edited by F22; 12-24-2010 at 06:58 AM. Reason: clarity
This post has been thanked 3 times.