View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 10:20 PM
natemcnutty
VIP Member

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to: get bigger data.img

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger2wander View Post
512MB for NAND project seen great, but it will prevent some people which have a 512MB of SDCard to try it out :P

I think it is great if you make a poll to ask people like "How much space we need for data.img"

Thanks!
I'm really excited for some of the new development that is coming down the pipeline. There are three major changes that should be hitting sometime soon. First, real panel power on/off is going to be big (ACL). Second, getting sleep properly working on overclock is going to be great (bzo). Finally, merging system.ext2 and data.img into rootfs and moving it to NAND (maurice.green).

Once the panel power down/up is fully fixed, I'll be making some HUGE changes. I'll be making two full packages like reefer has done where we will have a reference build with better power management enabled. The second package will be overclocked, but it's going to have to wait until after bzo gets the sleep stuff committed. I'll also be creating both customized kernels on each commit so people can update those. I just need to talk to maurice and find out if we should use update.zip method to update the kernel/modules, or if we can flash them without messing with rootfs/initrd.gz
This post has been thanked 1 times.