View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 05:34 PM
pleasestirme
N00b

pleasestirme is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: spare battery charger

I was able to order a spare battery charger with 2 batteries from ebay for 12 bucks. They came from oversea and took some time to arrive. I hardly ever plug in my phone to charge it. Every morning I just put in a fresh battery from the wall battery charger.

Be warned though. The 2 spare batteries will charge while in the Droid X if you are running Android 2.1 but once you upgrade to 2.2 or better they will not charge in the phone.

motorola has included a "patch" or some piece of code in Android 2.2 which looks at the serial number on the battery and identifies it as motorola or not. If it see's it is not the stock battery (like the 2 from china i have) it will say "Invalid battery" on the screen. Your battery life or % charge left will turn to a question mark and you will not be able to charge.

Thanks for the A LOT patch motorola!

Still 12 bucks is not that bad just for a wall battery charger itself. Also the spares still come in handy and work.. .just will only charge in the wall charger.

One day hopefully someone will figure out how to revert the code back so that we dont get an invalid batter message at all.

PleaseStirMe

Verizon XV6800
Unlocker---nueSPL-2.47
Radio------3.42.50
ROM-------DCD 4.1.2

Verizon XV6850