View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 08:57 PM
syrguy1969
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can I Change the Rom for the second time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayusmc View Post
OK, need advice. I had the Motorola Droid 1 liked it. I got the incredible and didn't like it because of the battery dieing so quick and the keyboard was a little more crammed than the Motorola, And could not sort my contacts by last name!! So I got a droid 2 globle, but do not like that UI because they took away the sort by last name option from it- Blur sucks!! My question, should I send the D2 back and try and get a rom for the incredible that increases battery life or should I keep the D2 Global and mess with that. Need opinion asap, I have to send the D2 global or incredible back tomorrow. Thanks!!
I really don't know anything about the Global so I won't say anything against it, but I do know the Incredible and I am very happy with it. I don't know about sorting contacts by last name, but I would be surprised if there wasn't an app out there to help with that. I can attest to the fact that my battery life is pretty good using a custom ROM (Redemptive rEVOlution 2.1.3) and Ziggy's kernel (Adryn's is great on the virtuous ROM as well), and there are a few 3rd party keyboards with different looks for the Incredible (including the new gingerbread keyboard).

Basically I would say if it were me, if it were only the contact sorting I would stick with the Global (assuming the rest of the phone was good) but if you really don't like the UI and Sense is more to your liking I would probably get the Incredible.

Just my 2 cents, good luck with getting the best device for your needs.