View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 12:51 PM
boredandtattooed
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Archos 5 Internet Tablet 500 Gig android device!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycle78 View Post
I don't know if I'm posting these questions in the right place or not, let me know where to post if not. So, I've never had a data plan. Don't care to have one. I have a windows XP machine with access in my work van, and I don't go too many places when I'm not working.

So how do all these internet apps work on a device that's not connected all the time, i.e. desktop weather? Will the weather update when the device gets access? Will it not tell me anything when it's not connected? Or can I just not use that app? Any other comments/suggestions on this device?
This is definitely the right section for Android Tablets and Questions...

out of curiosity, how do you have Internet access on-the-go on said XP Machine???

Apps that rely on Internet, will do nothing when theres no data... How could it do anything but sit... Its no different than a PC/Laptop.. i have weather gadet on my home screen on WIN7(PC not mobile), if im not tethering, obviously its not gonna update... when I connect again, i can wait till it refreshes on it own(on its cycle - every hr) or i can manually refresh it right away... its upto me..

It looks like an alright device.. I dont really see the point of "mini-tablets" but to each their own-right? I did like the DVR dock feature.. In that you can connect the DVR Dock and download shows right into the Device, then take it and go.. kind of neat..

so how Are you planning on getting Internet to this device then?

**EDIT** and No, its not gonna run Any version of winMO... the dual OS is to boot it as Linux Desktop..

**EDIT2** and this is why we look at the Specs on devices:
ANDROID 1.6
800mhz processor
256MB RAM

who needs 500GB - and for $450.. buy the 8GB for 199 and get a 32GB SD card...

theres lots of better options and for the same price points or cheaper

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 12-19-2010 at 01:05 PM.