View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Mike5150
PPCGeeks Regular

Mike5150 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows won't recongnize my tp2

I'm having trouble getting my computer to recognize my TP2 when I connect it. Here's what I've tried, hopefully someone else can help me figure out what's going on.
  • When I plug it in, the LED on the phone lights up and it will charge the phones battery.
  • It's been having this problem for a while now. I have tried re-flashing the phone a few times. It worked one time but didn't last long, the second time I re flashed it didn't make a difference.
  • I've also upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 recently and that did not help.
  • I have tried 3 different usb cables and none work.
  • In Vista, I could get it to work if I opened WMDC manually, but doing so in Windows 7 doesn't help.
  • My computer will recognize my wife's Kin TwoM instantly (uses a different cable though), but the computer doesn't react at all when I plug my TP2 in.
  • In the past, the active sync window would pop up on my phone asking if I want to connect through Active Sync, Disk Drive, or internet sharing. This window no longer comes up when I plug my phone in.
  • I have tried plugging the phone into all 3 of the computers in my house (One is a Mac, and the other is an old laptop running XP which I have synced to in the past) and no luck with those.
The only thing I can think of is that it's a hardware issue and I'll have to send it back to verizon, but I would rather not have to wipe the phone and re-lock it since I am running a custom ROM just to talk to their tech support people and let them run me through everything that I've already tried.

Thanks!