View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 02:33 AM
powinmo
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 13| 21916|29005 * Sense 20

I searched around PPC and XDA... and did not see if this reinvents the wheel. If I missed someone else doing this, please let me know.

Script: energy_carrier_provision.mscr

Purpose: put this in to your XDA_UC or S4X installation and it will try to automatically determine your carrier based on registry entries and run the carrier provisioning cab FROM ROM.

Basically this allows you to ALWAYS run the carrier provisioning cab from ROM so the most current cab is run. This keeps you from having to remember to check if the energy_CARRIER.cab file is newer on ROM than what you copied to your XDA_UC/S4X installation.

The cab installation is done in silent mode. Any critical errors are displayed to a dialog box (eg, does not know your carrier or the cab file is missing)

Currently I only have it try to detect the 4 CDMA carriers I found on the 12/5/2010 and 12/13/2010 ROMs. If there are others, or the GSM folks want to add more... please let me know.

Carriers it tries to detect:
Sprint
Verizon
US Cellular
Telus

NOTE: I have only tested this on Sprint TP2s. I put in the code to try and see if it can handle the other three carriers. Please let me know if I need to make corrections for them.

Comments/bug reports are always welcome.

ATTACHMENT:
energy_carrier_provision.mscr - version 0.2
Attached Files
File Type: mscr energy_carrier_provision.mscr (2.4 KB, 93 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.