View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 10:09 PM
Relic
PPCGeeks Regular

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic
Re: unnecessary files

Quote:
Originally Posted by donhuff View Post
Are there any files under the Windows folder I can delete to free up space? For example, I have a lot of album, alert, add contact, etc., files. Can II delete nny of them?
Actually the default ROM files in the windows dir can't be deleted, it won't let you. Because its on the ROM. Even if you were to be able delete those files, it wouldn't free up space as you may think...different partitions...different memory structures.

The only files you can actually delete from the windows dir, is if you added an files manually or installed app(s) that installed files into that directory. Doing that will free up space. But you'd normally would do that by uninstalling the app.

Also subdirectories in the windows dir can be deleted...because those subdirectories are created during ROM install or hard reset. But I am not saying that nothing would get screwed up if you do so.

Last edited by Relic; 12-14-2010 at 10:13 PM.