Old 12-12-2010, 06:53 PM
pej7445
Lurker

pej7445 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pej7445
Upgrading from Mogul - Need help deciding

I've been reading the forums a lot and hope that my thread is not redundant. If it is I apologize.

I've had a Mogul (PPC6800) for a long time, at least 2 years and I'm looking to upgrade to something better and I need your help picking my new device.

I use my phone as a business tool. I manage 2 email accounts (Google Apps), text messaging and heavy integrating with Outlook and PC files (spreadsheets, pdf, word).

I want a full QWERTY keyboard.

I use the "flash" on my camera for a flashlight and like that functionality.

The android devices (EPIC, Transform, Intercept) look really compelling, but I'm concerned about the 'limited' support for Outlook integration. I know that there are several applications out there that help bridge these gaps, but i'm wondering what holes might be left.

Also, unless I'm missing it, it seems that the Droid phones don't have spell check in it's messaging functions! And I can't set a signature if the account is 'linked' to gmail. Am I missing something?

Sprint only has 1 Windows Mobile device, the Touch Pro 2 and it's better than the Mogul, but I'm not sure it's worth the upgrade costs for what I get.

What do you think? Thanks for you help.