Pandaman
N00b

Pandaman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can one tether to IPad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
Might be time for a phone upgrade... Some of the new phones do so much that you'll wonder why you kept the vogue so long. Don't get me wrong... I still have one and use it as a backup (for example... my wife is using it now that her TP took a dump and she is waiting for her TP2 replacement phone) My son uses it to watch movies and stuff like that. But no wifi and limited functionality made me upgrade right after I got that phone. Good luck with this. I hope you are able to get something going if you decide to keep the little workhorse and not upgrade.
p.
I can tether my TP2 using USB or wi-fi and all I had to do was find the program and install it then tweak the registry if I remember correctly. No rooting required and it survived when I went from WM 6.1 to WM 6.5. I walk around Best Buy and use my TP2's "wi-fi router" app, and with my phone in my pocket, I have a portable hot-spot and can connect with and Ipad or any laptop in the store. It works flawlessly with a good steady connection. People look at me connected to the Ipad then try themselves after I walk away but sorry, I took my hot-spot away! I won't give this phone up for an EVO or Epic until I hear that there is a good working way to wi-fi tether without paying $30/mo extra.

Last edited by Pandaman; 12-08-2010 at 07:17 PM.