View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 01:41 PM
magichuck
Lurker

magichuck is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon's SMT 5800

we had the same debate here and ultimately choose the 5800 over the 6800. our biggest factor was cost. our company didn't want to spend the extra money for the 6800's if it didn't have to. in our case we were upgrading from the 6700's.

having had the 5800 for almost a month now I can say a few things. first the external keypad is my favorite feature. second the size is very nice. it's a lot smaller then my 6700 was lighter also. I certainly don't miss the touchscreen as much as I thought.

Battery life is pretty good certainly better then the 6700 was at the end. I can go about 3-4 days with what I would consider light usage. I also don't charge it all day.

I liked the 6800 for havign the revA unlocked out of the box for faster data, I also liked some of the customizations that are already available for the 6800. I can't some things to enable some of the features on the 5800. I'm waiting for my 4GB sdhc card to arrive so I can't talk about those yet, but I have used a 2GB card without error, and access seemed fine.