View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Magickly
Lurker

Magickly is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stuck buttons

Thanks to TigerHQ, I too successfully fixed my crappy button. Yes, it was the damn slippery POS disc!

My tip: I had some universal screen protectors that are kinda thick, almost as thick as original disc. Can likely be used to outright replace the disc if you lose or break yours.

I cut a small square piece of the SP & placed it sticky side down on top of the circle
but overlapping a bit on all sides. This reinforced the disc in the right spot over the button. I then dabbed a tiny bit of superglue on the ends of overlap piece, rather than the round disc (Me & superglue have a nasty relationship This way, less likely to glue the button mechanism & destroy function.

I used sticky clear waterproof surgical glue (like eyelash glue) to reconnect silicon skin piece & attach to screen protector. I let set a couple of minutes & verified button functionality. Button works perfect now!!!!!!!!!
I then dotted superglue around bezel edges of plastic & weighted w/AA batt & 3 nickels for a more permanent hold.

Gonna go thank his post now

Last edited by Magickly; 12-02-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: typo