View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 07:55 PM
sprocketpc
Lurker

sprocketpc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lost ability to call on PagePlus after flashing

I purchased a used Verizon XV6800. It had stock settings - ROM version 2.09.605.8, radio v. 1.30.60, PRI 1.35_002. PRL was/is 52109. I activated it on PagePlus without problems - able to make/receive calls. I then unlocked with OliPRO 2.40, upgraded the radio to 3.42.50, and loaded Ryan Mogul's WM 6.5 light ROM. Everything went fine, it seemed. However, I discovered I could no longer make/receive calls. I reprovisioned (*22890) - said it was successful, but no go. Hunting around, I also tried *228, opt. 2 and *228, opt. 1. Both said successful - but no go. I keep getting a Verizon error saying the phone can't be validated. Checking EPST, I found that my MDN (phone #) and MSID were correct/unchanged. I did see that "True MIN1" was 0002662, True MIN2 000 and True MCC 000. I found a post online suggesting these should be the same as the MIN/MCC settings (based on my MSID and with MCC 310), but changing them didn't help. Curiously, I can access my voicemail via #738 (and I then get a low balance warning - got the thing activated with $2; I can't otherwise receive texts now, either).

PagePlus was useless - "not a supported phone." Pageplusdirect.com, who activated it, sent me my MSID and MSN, which I already had, but no help beyond that.

I am wondering about reverting to stock (I found the thread on that) but am concerned about the warnings about reverting to a pre-GPS radio. I also don't know that would fix the problem. I'd also prefer to keep WM6.5, if possible.

Anybody run into this and have any suggestions?

Many thanks.