View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 10:07 PM
2 Bunny
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Cool DESIGN FAIL Reply

WM6.1 FTW! I thought I was the only person on here who preferred 6.1 over 6.5. To be honest, maybe it was a good thing MS discontinued Windows Mobile before it slid too much further downhill. 6.1 was definitely its peak, and I hate all the 6.5+ nonsense.

IMO. If you compare the resolution of a VGA or WVGA device with your computer monitor (say if you're posting or viewing unresized screenshots), you'll see just how much space is wasted when we make it "finger friendly". Who's stupid idea was that anyway? I can navigate about 95% of the WM6.1 "finger unfriendly" GUI without problem. I can get a whole lot more done without unrolling miles of toilet paper looking for whatever oversized button is necessary to complete a trivial task.

Back in the day of QVGA Screens, we were able to do so much with so little, and now we have screens four times larger (and then some), and we can't fit half the buttons on the screen that we could've before. If I were to pin blame for this whole "downhill slide" in the mobile market in general since 2005 or 2006 or whatever, I would blame Apple with their Apple phone. Why people think that this needed to be copied, I do not know. Since someone still saw the need for "appz" and "hacking" and "customization", Android, the child of Windows Mobile and Apple Operating system was born. This is why Android grew so quickly. Even if it isn't the best, its all anyone has come up with to bridge that "Apple Google Bridge". Like it or not, for better or for worse, Android is the future.

And that's all I gotta say about that...

- 2 Bunny

Last edited by 2 Bunny; 11-22-2010 at 10:09 PM.