View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Whotahn
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what to expect when upgrading to verizon phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamHill View Post
Im looking at going from an alltel htc touch pro to a Droid Incredible.

It's my understanding, from the sales person, that
#1 I can't keep my old school alltel phone plan that was grandfathered in with the merger
#2 Id have to get a few things differently with my Verizon plan.

Here's a couple things that came up.... Under my alltel plan I was paying $30 for unlimited data, whether straight through the phone or tethered, or broadcasting wifi through an installed cab.

But now im going to have to pay at least one or maybe 2 monthly charges to tether, and my usage is metered and limited to a certian amount of transfer?

Here's the nuts and bolts of the old alltel plan on the touch pro. About 100/mo with 30 of that being the data plan with no limit on useage. Mycircle.. unlimited text, 500 anytime, free mobile to mobile

So what should I expect from "Verizon" if I try to buy a Droid Inc..?
I bou my Inc outright so I made no agreements with VZW. I am on the same plan you are on from Alltel. I have never changed my plan because I have not went through an actual upgrade with VZW. I know of a person going into our local store and having their phones upgraded through VZW and not having to change plans from their Alltel plan to a VZW plan. I was told if I upgraded in store they would let me keep my plan but if I tried to upgrade online it would make me change my plan to a newer VZW plan. I haven't tried to find out yet. Paying a bit extra to get a new device and not having my plan changed is worth more to me than paying less for a new phone but my monthly rate jumping up.

For tethering the Inc it can be done without VZW charging you, through third party apps or setting up the Mobile HotSpot correctly. Most of these apply to Rooted phones. They stealth your data usage to get around the extra fees to tether........ So I hear anyways
This post has been thanked 1 times.