View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 11:50 AM
Wideawake
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Updated: Free direct push mail using mail2web tutorial.

1. Go and sign up for an account via this link HERE

2. Once you have signed up then take your ppc and go to start/programs/activsync/menu in the bottom left corner/ now select configure server

3. In the server address box put in mobile.exchange.mail2web.com and check the box that says this server requires and encrypted (SSL) connection.

4. Hit next in the user name box put your username@mail2web.com, password, and in the domain box put ad2. You can go to advanced to setup if u want it to replace item on device and an option for event logging. You don?t have to mess with these settings unless you want to.

5. Click next and select whatever you would like the device to sync with the exchange server. I sync everything cause if I?m out and about and I have troubles I can hard reset and sync my contacts, calendar, email, and tasks right on the spot.

6. Click finish, now go to menu/schedule/ in the peak and off peak boxes select as items arrive, now set the other setting to how you want.

7. You?re DONE! Enjoy your new direct push mail.

NOTE: I recommend this service for people that live in an EVDO coverage until they fix the pinging. Cause when in a 1x coverage area it pings the server every 60 seconds just to keep the connection alive. And if you?re in a nonEVDO area this will cause you to miss calls all the time. Hopefully they will fix this soon. Supposedly they are working on this.
This post has been thanked 6 times.