View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 05:13 PM
danielpj

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Anyone try the new firmware for Intrepid posted on sprint.com

Hello,

I recently bought a used Intrepid. Initially I had frequent issues with my data connection (like others have mentioned, I had to restart the phone 2-3 times per day). I found this forum and decided to give the upgrade a try. It has been two days since the upgrade and have had no issues with the data connection failing. Thanks for the guide! It was really helpful. I tried this in Windows 7 and did not work, but I was successful with a XP machine.

However I am having two issues I hope someone can help me with:
1- In google maps, my current locations is inaccurate. It says I'm in Estonia when I live in the US... Any setting that might be affecting this? (GPS location worked before the update) **UPDATE: Well go figure, it works now... not sure what I did but I'm glad its working!
2- Tethering using the the "Internet Sharing" option does not work (and was not working before the update). I keep getting error #777 and #64 (or 67 can't remember right now). I tried WMwifiRouter and it works via USB (which did not work before the update), but can't give me internet access via Wifi (did not work before update). Any suggestions? **UPDATE 2: so after re-installing ICS, doing a soft reset and going straight to WMwifiRouter, it works.. not ideal but good to know I can use it.

Last edited by danielpj; 11-23-2010 at 12:54 PM.