View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 02:57 PM
shorty82
PPCGeeks Regular

shorty82 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't mount micro SD card....Please help!

First of all I want to apologize if this is covered in another thread. I performed several searches and couldn't find anyone with the same problem and I even tried the solution for the most similar problems.

The other day my evo froze so I removed the battery and rebooted. When it booted back up it said SD card safe to remove. I tried mounting it through the settings and I rebooted several times and I always get the same notification. I put the card into my windows pc and it asked if I wanted to reformat the card, but i didn't want to do that because I would loose everything....

Next I put a different micro sd card into my phone to make sure the hardware was ok, it worked fine.

Next I put the old card back into the phone and got the same error but when I opened up a program that displays your disk usage, it actualy read the data off the SD card. So from what it looks like the card is unmounted but could be read by a program... that doesn't sound right at all, plus my pc couldn't read it. I'm really confused but I need the stuff on the card because I stupidly backed everything up to the card and never thought of the possibility that the card would go bad...

Any ideas???