View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 02:08 PM
azmf1
Lurker

azmf1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Any Custom Rom for the Intrepid? What a great phone to go to waste with no custom Rom

So I got my Intrepid last week since I needed an international phone for a business trip and found a new Intrepid in box for a about $100, which is a test step moving away from Audiovox ppc-6600/6700 and than the HTC phones, so now that I'm back in the good ole U.S., I absolutely love this phone and it's impressive performance and low battery consumption (more than anything else about it!) and I had been reading up on how there are no custom roms, and no one is going to bother making one since their reason is the resolution is too low and it takes too much time to make since it's a samsung (oh boo hoo, psh, so what?)..So instead, I figure let's just keep moving forward with this instead of giving up.

So since I'm tech saavy (in both Windows and Linux), and just joined this great forum (believe it or not, I've never heard of it before haha, always been a part of xda-developers for a few years now), I'm willing to take a stab at building a custom Rom for this baby and help all of us Intrepid users. But, I do need a couple people to help me out with starting me up on some directions and tutorials, and possibly tools if anyone is willing to help. Sprint did release a ROM update for it, so that's a starting point for the very least. Yes, I'm willing to brick this thing. Yes I may just buy another used one from ebay for a few bucks less than normal that's slightly cosmetically damaged for testing purposes in case I may risk bricking something along the way . No I've never done this, but there's a first time for everything..So let me know if you can throw me some tutorials, pm's, tools, softwares, etc etc and I'll offer to do the work til I throw the thing out the window...dont worry though, I'm a very patient man.

BTW, if anyone had already started this project and is not telling the public yet, pm me so I don't waste time, I won't mention anything to anyone but I can offer a helping hand if needed!