View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 12:46 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 13| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
I think I found a decent free weather app to use, so I am going to try one of the sense replacements that teradog and others keeps raving about.
Which one is your favorite teradog?

BTW has anyone else noticed that Cookie 2 final doesn't have certain things in the free links/quick links anymore, like "states" or "tabs".
re. certain things.. couple pages ago, someone post links to think it was the 4th post in the xda cookie thread where you could DL.. google or look back

Weather I use... & I depend on weather info:
1. Weather Bug
2. SPB weather
3. GPSweatherradar, free cab (use the 2nd to latest one) gives radar based on your GPS
4. Favorite IE or Opera bookmark made into a single push selectable icon that pulls up accuweather of my home area

Also used that real fancy one that invoked/used 2nd today.. but I found it hard to read, super small off colored text with little contrast... (post here a month or so ago)

Re. today home (sense/C2F replacement): which was actually your Q ...lol...
IN ORDER (my opinion only) RAM is within 10 MB on all these

1. SPB by far, I believe you've got 60 days on the trial.. I've never lasted 60 days... one program I may pay for eventually
2. iphone today (just try to ignore the horrible name :>)), very simple even less RAM use, lot's setup for you, has some fancy widgets, mem, time, transparency, bunch of stuff pre-setup, 3 or more slidable icon screens like cookie... etc. super simple
3. Easy today.. very basic, works great, super simple, no fancy stuff, beyond max RAM savings
4. Touch Experience: Fancier, got some cool fun stuff, give it a go... if you like Cookie & live wallpapers, this may be your ticket... Free but has donate nag screen, that seems to appear less & less the more you use it...? 113 MB FREE!!?? Wow, how they get all that with that??!! hmmmm gotta love that!

*edit* right now I've got ALL OF THEM ON MY TP2!!
To change back & forth between all Today home (sense replacements):
I either ck or unck in today home (Sense+Cookie 2, Easy Today & iPhone today), or
add/remove from windows\startup (Touch Experience & SPB)
Like to switch back & forth depending on the mood... :>))

I've said it before, SPB is stable, no pissing around, crossing fingers, blaming it on the ROM, waiting for the next version, phenomenal smooth graphics, intuitive, has a left & right widget/icon screen setup like Cookie, but then you can push up like the old MAX & get a business look & feel. I wouldn't piss the way of SPB in the past... now I just have to say ... well... you now know

Last edited by teradog; 11-16-2010 at 01:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.