View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 04:28 PM
BooDaddy
Linux Administrator

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unboxing/Walkthrough Of Wilson Electronics Sleek Car signal Booster

Good videos, but the signal meter on the phone will be a little misleading. You see, of course you are going to get 4 bars of signal once you place the phone in the device, as it should be getting a very strong signal from the Sleeks transmit side of the repeater. It doesn't really give a real world idea of the signal that the Sleek is seeing.
So, what you are actually seeing on the phone is the signal strength that the Sleek is putting out, and not what the actual signal strength of the CDMA network is. In essence, you could be in an area that has 0 coverage, but your phone will show 4 bars since it is really seeing the output power of the Sleek.

The only way that the phone would be reporting the CDMA network strength would be if the Sleek was a passive repeater (like the old school glass mounted antennas). The Sleek is an active repeater that does indeed amplify the receiving signal and re-transmit it.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓