View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 12:06 PM
BooDaddy
Linux Administrator

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HOW to approach reps at the stores

I have to say I kinda agree with akmzero. I have done tech support work in the past, and I used to hate customers like that. When I first moved into IS/IT, I had to work on the "Help Desk", which was a call center for our company that solved computer problems. We supported about 20K users in our company. I always hated when arrogant sales people or Executives would call and try to tell me what I was going to do for them. I would do the bare minimum that was needed to get the douche off the phone.
Now, granted that was only about 1 or 2 percent of the calls, and the rest were always nice friendly people. Whenever a nice friendly person would call, I would do whatever I possibly could to help.

Its like the old saying goes, "You catch more flies with sugar than you do vinegar".

And speaking of the folks that would "axe" you a question, all of our calls were recorded on the help desk, and whenever we had someone call in and speak with stupid ghetto slang or try to "out-tech" us, we would download our CallCopy and post it to a network share we had setup on our san. We would then email the other help desk peeps to share the goodness. LOL.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
This post has been thanked 1 times.