View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 12:38 PM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Faq

..bump
Ahhh, mmmmm not one comment on this for the FAQ?

I RFP'd on this 2 days ago... it was post 3 days ago.

Last chance... if you don't like some/all, have other ideas, now is the time. DON"T be a critic after the fact please.

(all are welcome, but especially any of the long standing VIP's.. PM me if you don't want to post)...

We will be putting a link in post 6 to the wiki, but want to get a little more formatting done & clean up a little first. I've discussed with gTen & just need to let him know.

Here's what I'll do if no other input.
1. Take part of what is list below & incorporate it....

2. KISS: "keep it simple stupid", if we get too many "proposed" "suggested" & then actual proposals, actual suggestions/rules, etc.. it'll end up being a cluster, everyone posting in the wrong area, or worse.. not posting at all because someone jumped on another for posting in the wrong place.

3. Do like the idea of a 2 tiered wiki though. Here's the issue... we want NRGZ28 to simply look at one or 2 areas. Perhaps 1. "Suggestions for next ROM" and 2. ), Questions/problems/perceived bugs. NRG probably doesn't want to weed through the entire wiki & 100 pages of posts to find what's happening. However, we also want to avoid every former "MM" user, noobs & lurkers, putting every little quirk & perceived bug in the main #1 "Suggestions for the next ROM" area. Perhaps in that area, one of the rules is that only a few of us predesignated users be able to post to that area, the rest is "free range" :>)) ??? thoughts?

After that, the FAQ isn't mine.. or yours or.. whoevers.. it's all of ours, to be updated, used & worked on by all. Some may want to take it, but don't have the time, experience, etc.. Others (me), don't want it, but will help get it setup & back out)

Having said all this, sure we can still change it after the fact.... but soliciting input on the front side may ensure the FAQ is a central point of help as opposed to a point of contention. Probably made too much out of this, I'll go ahead & get a rough setup & post one more time before linking to post 6.. easier to pick apart an example then a concept..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdappcgeek View Post
Before I get too into it, What does everyone think about something like:
1. NRG Wiki Rules
a. Proposed Rules
2. Frequently Asked Questions
a. Answered
i. NRG
ii. Backing up
Sashimi
XDA_UC
b. Overclocking
c. SSM
d. MMS
e. Star Menus
f. GPS
g. Battery
h. Data
i. Provisioning
j. Lockscreen
k. Dialers
l. Installing programs
m. Propose a Question
3. Suggestions for next rom
a. Propose a Suggestions
4. Confirmed Issues
a. Report an Issue

My thoughts are we create some rules about the where new questions/suggestions should be posted: under "propose a question" Once they get asnwered we move them to the "answered questions". same thing for issues etc. I was thinking we could organize the faq by keyword like a glossary. thoughts?

Last edited by teradog; 11-11-2010 at 12:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.