View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 02:29 PM
horndoctor
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayarz
Dear All,
(device= Sprint CDMA/GSM Rhodium with EnergyRom and Sprint CDMA radio "SPCS 2.32.00WF"). Being used in UK with network set to GSM mode on Vodafone.

I have checked previous threads for data connection and also already run CMKiller. My problem is that randomly at any point (maybe after a day or 2, or even after a few hours), I am no longer able to carry out a data connection. If I reboot the phone or go to airplane mode and come back out, I am OK again.

I do not keep data connection on all the time, but sometimes my taskbar data connection icon changes from PICTURE1 to PICTURE2. WHen that happens, I can make normal phone calls but I can no longer carry out a data connection.

Please could someone help out to explain what is the different between picture1 and picture2? I know picture1 shows that "G" data connection is "available" but not yet connected. But what does PICTURE2 mean?

And why does this happen? I have also tried reflashing the older Sprint CDMA radio "SPCS_R1.96WF" but no luck.
It sounds like your device doesn't want to restart the data connection for some reason. When you see the greyed out icon in picture 2 try going to CommManager and click on Data Connection and see if you can restart it manually. It may be a bug with the rom.