View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 11:43 AM
jmart518
Cookin' Project: Teya

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Calendar Error Message

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpavlansky View Post
Jmart,

Your last message was a challenge for me to give at least one more shot to revive my Imagio, and I appreciate your thoughts. I decided to hard reset, then load every program I wanted on my phone from scratch.

I was just about to try to load everything from my latest SD card backup, when I took a harder look at all my copious notes of previously used Imagios. This latest Imagio had ROM version 3.04.605.7 on it. All my previous Imagios had 1.08.605.11. I think my SD card backup being restored over a newer ROM version was probably the root cause for all my problems. I'd been caught off guard.

I'm shocked to see that Verizon actually shipped a phone with ROM 3.04. According to Verizon tech support, that's not officially sanctioned.

As of last night I'd reloaded all my desired programs from scratch over the web, and as of this morning my phone connected with my desktop and has properly synchronized my contacts, tasks, calendar, and files (I'll try notes later). I'm back in business, and will tell my Verizon rep not to drop by the office with a Droid X just yet.

Say, if you don't mind, what version of a ROM are you running on? Looking at the description you've got by your hardware, I'm not familiar with Teya.
Awesome, I am glad you got it going again! The 3.04 release was an improvement over 1.08, newer SYS and radio (battery seemed to be better as well).
Restoring a backup of anything more than PIM data will usually cause problems, even if not noticeable at first.
As far as the ROM Teya goes, it is a custom ROM that I am cooking. However, it hasn't been released to the public yet.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.