View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 03:11 PM
Ken579
Lurker

Ken579 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question about custom Roms

I've flashed a custom rom on to my Moment, and know how to do that when the ROM file contains a small about of files of similar file names to the Sprint Rom. What I've run in to is that the custom Roms I want instead contain several directories and many more files. It's those roms that won't flash. I've used 7zip(or whatever it is) to create a tar file, but it doesn't help. What do I have to do to get this other custom roms in to a format that the SWupgrade program will flash? Yes I am using the older and correct SWupdate program.

Thank you very much
Ken

Update:

Nevermind... I figured it out. For people that are lost on the same issue like me I'll post my solution which shows my noobness to this. After installing the BIN file that has the same file structure as the original Sprint Rom, the one with the JoeyKrim 2.??? (whatever it is) or I think the one with recovery module 3.1.1 works too then go in to the recovery console (down volume, talk, end) and install the custom rom there as a zip (that zip goes on the root directory of your SD card.)

Last edited by Ken579; 10-31-2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Solution Found
This post has been thanked 1 times.