View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 03:48 PM
tkjames
PPCGeeks Regular

tkjames is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Is my TP2 the only one turned to crap??

Long story short, got a TP2, had fun doing my customizations, then later upgraded to 6.5. Ran okay for a while; noticed the RAM leakage but it was manageable. Now I can't seem to go a day without soft resetting at least twice. I can let the phone sit with nothing running, yet when I pick it up:

a.) I can't turn the screen on (the phone itself isn't frozen b/c the power light is functioning)...remove cover, soft reset
b.) it's EXTREMELY slow to the point of appearing frozen (slider will take forever to actually slide)...remove cover, soft reset
c.) flip clock is frozen (yet the taskbar will have the correct time) and I can't operate it...remove cover, soft reset
d.) the background is on Windows and is loading the HTC platform (???)
e.) screen won't load properly (taskbar, page title is suddenly missing)...soft reset

I run cleanRAM on the highest setting, but freeing up the memory doesn't seem to be enough. It's gotten to the point that I actually hate this phone because I never know if it'll work right when I'm trying to make/answer a call or send a text. I already plan to go back to 6.1, but that had its issues as well.

CASE IN POINT: While writing this post I turned on the screen and checked a text message. Screen goes blank after timing itself out...nothing unusual there. Pick up the phone again and try to turn on the screen....NOTHING! Pull out the keyboard, press a hard key, no response.

I'm officially done with Windows Mobile. Screw version 7.

Check out The Stupid Random Stuff Store for - can you guess? - stupid random stuff...duh!!