View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 04:31 PM
O.a.T.
VIP Member

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking CLOSED | Lite O.a.T. ROMs | Because lite & O.a.T.s are good for you.

Intro
In this first page you will find a short description of my ROM development philosophy, as well as O.a.T. ROM news and a list of the cooked in apps and a list of the cabs that I personally use. The subsequent 4 reserved pages will individually contain a brief introduction, screen shots, any special notes, and download links about the 4 major categories of ROMs I cook, namely a basic Sense 2.5.20XY ROM, a Titanium ROM, a MaxSense ROM, and a "Special" category ROM that for example will include things like transparency mods or Co0kie's Home Tab (CHT).

ROM Development Philosophy

First, in regards to SYS's, I follow the latest versions, but don't always cook these into my roms. I usually wait for days, if I cook at at all, to see if there is a real benefit in terms of functions or performance.

In regards to SENSE, my philosophy is very similar to the above. I follow the latest updates but don't always adopt them until I am convinced they offer something substantially better, are very robust themselves, and integrate well with Sense mods like CHT or MaxSense, for example.

In regards to "light", I cook very few apps into my ROMS for two simple reasons. It makes it easier to keep up with the latest versions of those apps without reflashing and more than likely they can be installed in internal memory thus freeing up device memory. The exception to this is major Sense mods, like transparency, since installing these via cab usually requires overlaying them on top of existing files, reducing overall device memory. The other exception is MaxSense, developed by Maxycy, as he does not allow the posting of cabs.

Finally, I do no "artistic mods", like skinning, etc., because I have no artistic capability and enough others do and post that I can generally find something if I look. In addition, these mods are very individualistic in nature meaning "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

ROM News
12/18/10: Thread closed, as I am moving on to Android.

Cooked in Apps (not in SYS or Sense or a SYS/Sense Tweak)
FM Radio
Adobe PDF
Total Commander
FreeCell
Teeter
CDMA Phone Codes

Personal Cabs (Attached)
BandSwitch
Bing
fExploreExt
GoogleMaps
GoogleSearch
JWMDIconChanger
Mini5wm (Opera Mini)
MyNote
NaviComputer
RichesseGPS
ScreenOff
SKTools (trial version)
Sleep Timer
Snooze Option
SPB Backup (not included - licensed)
Sprint Picture Mail
TouchInCall_ScreenTweak
Weather4Me
Whip2Snap
XHook
XTask
Attached Files
File Type: zip Cabs.zip (9.24 MB, 157 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab Programatix EzInput SIP Menu.cab (15.1 KB, 63 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip Office_YouTube.zip (4.42 MB, 86 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab LockDevice_V1.6.2.CAB (45.1 KB, 69 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip Locking_Unlocking.zip (4.39 MB, 84 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by O.a.T.; 12-18-2010 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Title Change
This post has been thanked 10 times.