View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 03:24 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Fascinate GPS Inaccurate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalnel View Post
Good thought, but no dice. I've found a thread on XDA that confirms the Verizon Fascinates do NOT have this menu setting anywhere.

After having read that thread, I feel lucky that my device connects to GPS quickly (or at all). Despite an upgrade pushed out by Samsung, the Fascinates are still having problems.

I've downloaded a program called GPS Test from the market, which should give me some info about just how inaccurate the GPS is. I'd guess it's 100-200 meters/yards off, based on where it thinks my home address should be.

Very frustrating. It locks faster than my old Touch Pro did, but it's nowhere near as accurate so far.
That sounds like its using wireless networks be default :/..and I guess no way to disable it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
my epic gps still blows, not even close using gm or stock.
Idk mine has been fine..but I guess it varies...from what I read though, Epic and Fascinate have the same GPS chip as the Motorola Droids...so there shouldn't really be an issue as far as hardware at least :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)