View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 06:15 PM
mlevin77
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: why can't my Apple laptop connect to Imagio as hotspot??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wupapi39 View Post
You need to change you Wifi settings to Enable AdHoc Connections.....since your Imagio is technically a PC it creates an AdHoc (PC-PC) connection. I had the same problem initially, and once I changed this setting everything has worked great.....WMWifiRouter is a godsend!!
argh... It's still not working for me. In MyWiFiRouter, I do have it selected as "adhoc" and still 1) the laptop seems to be happy for about 10 seconds, and then the green turns to yellow and it says it has a self-assigned address and can't access the network, 2) after about 5 minutes, I get a menu saying #777 disconnected (lost the cell phone network).

I have another app, "Mobile Wi-Fi Router" which makes a network called "XDA-Wifi Sharing". This one never disconnects the #777, but has the same problem connecting to the laptop (a brief green light on the Airport status and then yellow again with no IP) and I see no "ad hoc" option on there.

Is there anything special to do on the Mac side? Where's the "ad-hoc" option there? Do I need something NET as the last poster suggested?

thanks,

Mike