View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 05:29 PM
orangekid
Awesomenss :)

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
T-Mobile's iPhone customer support

So I was having just a little bit of an issue getting MMS to work on a 3G. I could send but got an error when I was receiving them. Tried a bunch of settings and nothing seemed to work. So I got on a chat line with a Tmobile tech person and told them my issues. What's so funny is that I know people who give me horror stories about ATT support. This lady seemed to know iPhones better than any ATT rep.

She didn't ask me how I was using an iPhone on tmobile or anything, just got down to business. First she gave me some APN settings to try for WAP and for MMS, we went back and forth and realized the APN settings were not going to work. Then she tells me to open Cydia and search for a specific carrier package that would update some more settings on my phone. She obviously knew the iPhone was jailbroken if I was getting tmobile service, but having an actual tmobile service tech person tell me to get on Cydia and start downloading packages seemed pretty funny to me. So I installing the right packages + reset everything looks to be working fine.

The whole thing was pretty surreal.

I damn near started asking her if by any chance she could give me the Desire HD source code so I could get the damn camera working on my HD2 ROM, but decided not to press my luck.