View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 12:11 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [10/04] BATT UPDATES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmosing View Post
Just out of curiosity, I haven't seen this mentioned much. I've been following the TP2 android development for a while, and I've only installed it once some time ago and haven't used it at all. It seems like almost all the major functions are now complete and it's very usable, big thanks to all the developers.

I haven't seen the camera mentioned much, is that something nearly impossible to get working? I don't know much about software, did some searches but couldn't find much of a discussion on the topic and I am curious. Thanks.
This really is the most important part for people? I think the camera takes horrible pictures, but I guess that's just me lol.

There are some devs working on it, the userland stuff is done... but the kernel piece, the piece where Linux actually understands how to talk to the camera itself - that's the hard part, and the slow goings part.

Hopefully it will get some more attention soon, but there's still a lot of other things that need to be ironed out... Power management is #1 in my mind, and that is where a lot of work is being done currently. Full USB support seems around the corner as well.