View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 08:37 AM
BooDaddy
Linux Administrator

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon confirms 4G in 38 markets by the end of 2010.

Verizon made the official announcement at CTIA yesterday. Below is a snippet from the article:

Quote:
At the CTIA fall 2010 trade show here, Verizon Communications Chief Operating Officer Lowell McAdam said the company plans to launch its 4G wireless network in 38 markets by the end of 2010 and it will cover about 110 million people with the 4G service when the service is launched later this year.
Markets that will be in the initial launch include New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Boston and San Francisco among others. McAdam said Verizon will cover 70 percent of these markets with the service. And it will offer 4G in 62 airports, including airports in seven cities that are not part of Verizon's initial 4G launch. The network will be rolled out over the next three years, much the same way the carrier rolled out its 3G wireless network several years ago.

Read more here:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-20018768-266.html

Looks like they also expect to cover the 2/3 of the country by the end of 2011, and will make a few announcements about devices for 4G at CES in January. They also skirted around the question about the iPhone coming to VZW.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

Last edited by BooDaddy; 10-07-2010 at 08:47 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.