Old 10-04-2010, 05:26 PM
jawturbo
Lurker

jawturbo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tutorial: USB DUN with "Wireless Modem" app on HTC Mogul

Kudos on your post.

I installed the Mogul drivers and then the XP SP3 drivers on my Desktop PC. Everything worked great. Mostly.

I disabled the primary ethernet adapter connection before installing the XP drivers and then cranked up the HTC Mogul Wireless modem Network, which worked great. The only minor prob was that I couldn't enable the primary Ethernet adapter after I disconnected the HTC Mogul wireless modem adapter.

No worries. I just rebooted the Desktop PC and the Ethernet connection worked perfectly - that's Windows, reboot or reinstall.

FYI. I installed the Vista drivers on my laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate x32. Again, KUDOS for your work. The Vista drivers worked perfectly with the newly installed HTC Mogul Wireless adapter. The HTC Mogul runs Windows 6.1, ROM 3.56.651.0.

I'm using that Mogul Wireless adapter to write this post.

I'm not a kid ( 50+ dinosaur) but I know quality work when I use/see it. I used to be a software developer for Datapoint back in the 80's when the hottest thing on the market was our 6600 micro using the newly developed ARCnet LAN. Software and firmware drivers were my niche.

Anyway, thanks a bunch. I can now hit the internet using my Mogul on the Win 7 laptop thanks to your work.

jawturbo