View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 01:41 PM
BigRedGonzo
PPCGeeks Regular

BigRedGonzo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need help with Rooting. BIG Question.

Over at Android Forums, in the Moto Droid Forum, under a stickie named "All Things Root," there is a thread on how to root OTA Froyo and leave the phone stock. Of course, once rooted you can flash whatever ROM you want, but this just provides root. It uses the ADB shell commands and is quite simple. My wife is constantly telling me that I am and idiot and I didn't have any problems at all with the procedure. So I guess, even an idiot can do it. It took WAY longer to get the ADB stuff installed than it did to root the phone. Now I can enjoy stock 2.2, which runs extremely well on my phone, and still have su access if I need (or want) it. So now I'm stock without the preloaded crapps that I didn't want. If you are in the least bit computer savvy, it is a very simple procedure. I don't know anything about Linux and had no problems at all. The instructions are laid out step by step and everything you need to download is linked in the first post.

FWIW...
This post has been thanked 1 times.