View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 09:42 AM
mrstak
PPCGeeks Regular

mrstak is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stock rom links for cdma touch

I don't know if this is an issue with the phone or rom or whatever but here's my problem. My brother gave me his old Touch, which was version 6.1 that was stock (to my knowledge). Then I unlocked it with Coke and on the bootloader it says 2.31. Then I flashed it with NFS's latest rom that he posted and that works fine. Boots up and everything. However, when I try to activate the phone via Sprint, it doesn't work. It gives me the unlock codes on the websites so I can access the EPST menu but when I enter it in, nothing happens. I press ##xxxxxx# and it just stays on the dailpad screen when its supposed to enter the EPST screen after I hit the last # button. Anyone else have this problem? Was I supposed to have activated the phone before I unlocked it? Does that matter?

Edit: Also above, the username/pw that it asks for isn't your Sprint account. I think you need to update your profile/prl. I had that issue with my TP2 before and I needed to reset my profile on my TP2 and then update it from Sprint's servers. I think you need to do the same but I don't know how to do it on the Vogue.

Edit #2: Forgot to mention, I tried reflashing to the stock Sprint rom on the first page and it works but it hangs at the HTC screen. It'll show the Radio version and other stuff in red letters at the bottom but once they disappear, it just hangs at the HTC screen and doesn't do anything. I'm red/ling the stock Sprint rom to see if that'll fix the issue with the EPST menu. If not, I'm going to have to bring it to a Sprint store.

Edit #3: Okay I think I found the fix for the EPST menu not working. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/426409-post8.html has the download link for fix. I have not tried it yet but I hope it will work. Will report back my results.

Energy.RHODCDMA.21680.Sense2.5.DinikGlass.Cookie.2 .0.Sep.29

Last edited by mrstak; 10-04-2010 at 09:54 AM.