View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 01:57 PM
MrGoodtunes
Halfway to VIP Status

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Class 4 32GB Kingston Micro SD cards... only $84!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely REAL!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
...transfer time-sucks!!!
Occasionally, XP has failed to recognize my microSDHC card as being capable of USB v2, like when I first got my 16 gig and started loading it up. Soon as I saw how slow it was going, I hit 'Cancel' and played with some settings. Can't recall what all I did, but ever since then, transfers have been really fast. One that I do remember is at:

My Computer > right click any letter'd drive > Properties

Then highlight Generic USB Storage Device, and click 'Properties' button. Under the 'Policies' tab, there are 2 choices. I changed mine to Optimize for quick removal. The other choice, for performance, sounds better. But it requires hitting the safe removal icon in system tray (right side of task bar, by clock) before taking out USB drive w/card. And you have to reboot in order to use the drive again! Maybe it was something about switching policies that caused the driver to begin delivering at full speed? Or it could have been a result of my having named the drive when re-formatting the card, which I did to sort of abort/undo the initial slow transfer because some files had saved to card. After rebooting desktop PC and plugging in USB drive w/card, XP recognized and showed the drive name I gave it. Since then, transfer speed has been excellent. So I keep using the same little USB drive in the same socket every time.