View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 07:54 AM
morbidj
PPCGeeks Regular

morbidj is keeping up the good workmorbidj is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Working MMS for EVO on Cricket..

MMS working solution for EVO NON custom ROM solution!

First and foremost I must give credit to tritron777 and deathsled for providing original threads and concepts. I do not take any credit just reposting the information.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=793588
original thread...

[ROM] Jiminy v2 (for Cricket) - Hybrid EVO 3.28/Incredible 3.21 w/ g3a8614e kernel - xda-developers
deathsled cricket rom....

The Provided APN.xml is working with those using the cricked android plan my self included.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<apns count="1">
<apn name="CDMA-MMS" numeric="46605" mcc="466" mnc="05" apn="mms" user="your10digit#here@mycricket.com" server="NA" password="cricket" proxy="wap.mycricket.com" port="8080" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php" type="mms" />
</apns>

For those on the 45$ rate plan and below
I believe that this solution in combination with the linked solution below should also achieve working results.
Cricket / MetroPCS Web/MMS Flash 8/9 - xda-developers

I confirm this solution to be working on my favorite ROM solution...

VirusROM BASE SENSE RC3 with Carbon Theme...

I could not use the adb push method as I am on the road and forgot to grab my micro usb cable...

1. I used Root Explorer to first delete mms.apk from /system/app
2. I copied mms.apk to /system/app
3. Using Root Explorer I over wrote default.xml/system/customize/MNS/default.xml
4. Reboot
A. To my surprise I did not have a messaging app in the app drawer upon boot?
B. Using Root Explorer I navigated my SD card to folder I had placed mms.apk and launched mms.apk thus installing.
6. Downloaded and installed APN Backup, removed current apn.
7. I used the above posted APN.xml after modifying the "red" string with my info, thanks deathsled provided and apn.xml
8. Rebooted
9. SUCCESS!

I figure some of the steps may not be necessary how ever I documented the exact process and procedure in which I now have functioning MMS..

Dont forget to extract the .zip file the board did not allow .rar extension. In other words do not try to install in recovery.. MMS FILES.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip MMS FILES.zip (1.52 MB, 1079 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by morbidj; 09-28-2010 at 09:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.