View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 08:59 AM
makryger
PPCGeeks Regular

makryger is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stuck buttons

Just spoke to verizon, because im almost at my year warranty date, and my buttons have been slowly crapping out over time. (Still go the most important send and end buttons). I asked if this was a known issue, and they said "HTC has not reported this as an issue". And I'm like "well, you guys are the only phone carriers, so aren't you supposed to report to HTC if there is an issue?" Then she said, "well, verizon has hundreds of thousands of customers" and they can't keep track of a single issue on a single phone. Which I take as- this phone doesn't have enough customers, so its not an issue they are going to fix.

I can understand skepticism from phone companies about this being a big issue when you get one phone that has the problem, and then you get a new phone and the problem is solved. That's just a single random defect. But when you get one phone and it fails, and then you get a second phone, and it fails the same way, and you get a third phone and it fails the same way- that is not a random defect. That is a consistent manufacturing problem. I wish they would just acknowledge and replace our phones.