View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Johnny.Bravo
nous défions

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Protector Reviews

Review for Realook Screen Protector for the Sprint Epic 4G

www.realook.us

On a scale of 1-10 I initially gave this screen protector a solid 10. After a couple of weeks I have decided to downgrade it slightly to a 9.5. After all, in a perfect world, everything should be perfect, and this screen protector has one (very minor) flaw that could be improved. See the section on "Durability" below.

Clarity - the Realook screen protector is so crystal clear that it becomes completely invisible once applied. There are no rainbows, lines or discoloration at all, and it does not reduce the clarity of the screen at all.

Form - the Realook is custom cut to fit the Epic screen perfectly, complete with a cutout for the speaker at the top of the screen. Once applied you cannot see that there is a screen protector there at all.

Ease of Installation - the Realook does not use any adhesives or chemicals to apply. It is a simple magnetic / static cling application. It has a protective plastic screen on each side to keep it clean and clear until applied. You simply line it up and lay it across the screen. If you don't get it lined up perfectly the first time, simply peel it back, realign and reapply. It comes with a micro fiber cloth to clean the screen prior to application as well as a small hard cardboard squeegee to squeeze out any bubbles. It took me a couple of tries to get it lined up straight, but once I got it it practically vanished as I applied it.

Feel - while the Realook does not quite feel as smooth as actual glass when you slide your finger across the screen, its is very close. As long as you finger is clean and dry it will glide across the screen smoothly and effortlessly and does indeed feel exactly like the original glass. If your finger is damp, greasy or dirty you will be able to tell that there is a plastic coating over the screen, but it still functions extremely well.

Maintenance - the Realook repels fingerprints better than naked glass. Of course a greasy finger will leave a fingerprint anywhere, but they are less visible on this screen protector and very easy to clean. The included micro fiber cloth is, of course, the best thing to use to clean the screen - but who carries that around with them? A clean corner of a T-shirt leaves the Realook crystal clear and clean in seconds.

Durability - After having this screen protector on my phone for a couple of weeks I realized that the one thing they could improve is how well it resists scratching. I keep my phone in my pocket most of the day and occasionally I forget which pocket its in and I'll drop my keys in the same pocket. I pulled it out yesterday and discovered a small scratch across the bottom corner of the screen. Now, I understand that this is EXACTLY the reason we use screen protectors - the scratch did not go all the way through to the actual screen, so it did its job. But with so many other products out there like BodyguaurdZ that are clear AND scratch resistant, I would have been happier if this was a little harder to scratch. Its a small scratch and its only visible when the phone is turned off - as soon as the screen comes on is disappears - so I am still extremely happy with the Realook screen protector. The only reason I dropped my rating from a 10 to a 9.5 is, like I said, in a perfect world, it would be perfect. In this case, its almost perfect.

Overall Quality - the Realook looks and feels like an excellent product, and at $10.99 for a pack of 2, its a pretty good price too. If you are looking for a crystal clear, easy to apply, easy to maintain screen protector that is custom cut for your screen and virtually disappears once applied, this is the screen protector you want.

Last edited by Johnny.Bravo; 10-20-2010 at 06:12 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.