View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 05:02 PM
PhatboyNYC
PPCGeeks Regular

PhatboyNYC is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does anyone else have this problem with the directional pad??

The circular directional pad on my Diamond (Sprint) seems to move fine going up, down and left....but won't move to the right. Since I was covered under TEP, I brought it in for repair at the Sprint store and they couldn't fix it so they replaced it with a newly refurbished Diamond.

I took the phone home and wtf, the new one had the same problem. It would move fine up, down and left but would barely move to the right. I took the phone back to the Sprint store and again they couldn't fix it, so they replaced it for me with another refurbished Diamond.

Now with Diamond #3, I tried out the dpad in the store and noticed it wasn't moving to the right either. I asked to speak to the manager and asked if this was a common problem. He goes into the back to speak to one of the techs and comes back and tells me that I have to press on the outer edge of the dpad (between the <- and the end call button). Doing so, did allow some movement to the right, but compared to the up, down and left "buttons", it seemed to stick and wasn't very consistent.

I installed Kevtris to really test out the dpad on the new Diamond and stupid thing keeps getting stuck when trying to go right.

Is it just me or does anyone else have similar problems?