View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 06:08 PM
thepolishguy
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Droid X Froyo 2.2 upgrade has launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padron26 View Post
Now all we need is a 1 click root, for 2.2, I'm not comfortable with the droid 2 root method.
There is a 1 click method - sort of. I posted a link in the development threads. You have to download the Android SDK. Very easy. I googled it and got right to it. Unzip it in C drive (for Windows). Then run the SDK Manager.exe from that file and it will prompt you to dl 2.2, 2.1, 1.9, etc. I only dl'ed 2.2 and the last 2 items at the bottom of the list (just bc they sounded necessary -not sure if they were).

Then you just take some files that the post at xda will direct you to - place them in the "Tools" folder that is created when you unzip the android sdk, plug your phone in in debugging mode and click the "doroot.bat".

I make it sound way more confusing then it is. The directions at XDA are written much better.

Hopefully within a couple of days they will have the "Universal Androot" method for this. So easy. Put the .apk on your sd card. install it. click root me

see how easy that one is to explain.
This post has been thanked 1 times.