View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 03:57 PM
L21Matt
PPCGeeks Regular

L21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to L21Matt
Re: 09.17.10 Update**VINdows Phone**Plutonium*Neodium*FINAL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by swear0730 View Post
I'm kind of stuck with Sprint so the announcement from M$ to go GSM for windows 7 (until 2011...) pretty much sealed the deal for me. I didn't see that coming and from what I can get from random posts it isn't because they cant, just they won't.

I have been trolling androidcentral.com, precentral.net, wmexperts.com and wmpoweruser.com since the beginning of the year knowing that in the beginning of December I'd be choosing another phone. Without multitasking I kinda wrote WP7 off but when Darren said he was waiting for WP7 I put it back in contention based on my respect for his knowledge. Now that doesn't matter.

I'm stuck with sprint too, but sorta glad to be. They have been as good or better than my old provider at$t. Off topic too, but i've been skimming, not really reading too deeply about the win7 phone and cdma.. And i can wait for it. GSM is the world wide standard, so it makes sense to focus on getting that phone ready and out the door first. My hopes are that by time win7 is available for cdma, M$ and the carriers will have worked out most the bugs and have added some features that i guess will be missing at launch ... So thats what im hoping for, and if recent vids iv seens of win7 and sense 3.0 (htc hub?) are for real.. Then i'm waiting for sure! And just 1 more thing i'm hopeful for. I'm hoping it will be a stable OS out of the box, where i wont have to fuss with flashing roms to find "stability". Windows 7 (desktop) is stable, the new ie9 beta has been stable.. seems like m$ is making things stable now out of the box. ..... -end ramble

Last edited by L21Matt; 09-19-2010 at 04:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.