View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 03:33 PM
swear0730
PPCGeeks Regular

swear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 09.17.10 Update**VINdows Phone**Plutonium*Neodium*FINAL*

Ok, off topic but with Vin and Darren both announcing their departure on the same day, well, gotta at least give my opinion on the smartphone situation, rambling tho they may be.

I'm kind of stuck with Sprint so the announcement from M$ to go GSM for windows 7 (until 2011...) pretty much sealed the deal for me. I didn't see that coming and from what I can get from random posts it isn't because they cant, just they won't.

I have been trolling androidcentral.com, precentral.net, wmexperts.com and wmpoweruser.com since the beginning of the year knowing that in the beginning of December I'd be choosing another phone. Without multitasking I kinda wrote WP7 off but when Darren said he was waiting for WP7 I put it back in contention based on my respect for his knowledge. Now that doesn't matter.

Coming from PalmOS I have really been rooting for WebOS but c'mon. Only two devices? WebOS 2.0 better be released with some killer devices to get that back in contention.

It looks now like Android will be my next phone. Sure hope Vin, Darren and lots of you will go there too and we hook up in the next life.

I'll still be trolling this thread until it runs out.

Thanks Vin. Thanks Darren. Thanks to you all. I couldn't enjoy my phone nearly as much without this thread.