View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Vertigo
Halfway to VIP Status

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[ROM] Grimey Goods 9/15/10 "Good stuff" "1.2ghz,undervolted,RAM/ROM saving

Thanks to Hero_Over @ XDA Grimey Goods 9/15/10 "Good stuff" - xda-developers

Hello All
I know that we just got a custom recovery but it is not perfect and beleive me that i am working on getting a full rom for you guys to load but please enjoy this awesomeness in the meantime

Remember that the root method and bat script were originally made by joeykrim and noobnl. these guys have done more than an awesome job of setting us up as root users

Here is what this ROM thingy does:
gives permanent root
uses my speed and battery optimized frameworks with moderate theming to rid of the ugly
transparent notification pulldown
using my default ringtones
using my default wallpaper
themed launcher
removed touchwiz and all apps associated with touchwiz launcher
removes alot of sprint/samsung bloat apps (dumb apks)
using my custom kernel which is overclocked
kernel adds 600mhx step to avoid overaggressive changes
undervolted cpu
tweaked conservative governor to scale up and down faster for better speed/battery
kernel is undervolted
slight edits to cpq for speed
circle battery indicator
added htc ime to sdcard
config edits on kernel for speed
version with andromeda kernel

problems:
with my current kernel the phone has a hard time booting. it may boot the first time everytime but it also might boot loop. I advise to try to put the phone to sleep right when the lockscreen comes up.

also with the undervolt you might notice the phone being a little bit slow to wake from sleep mode but the undervolt has helped alot on battery.

**I would still recommend this kernel as I have been running it for like 5 days and its really good. all the issues will be fixed soon

i do not beleive these problems arise on noobnl's kernel so i included his in a version.

things you need:
windows
adb drivers for the epic
the zip file of the version you want

recommended:
i strongly. i mean very strongly recommend you start from scratch. meaning use odin to restore back to the stock phone.

SCREENSHOTS:
http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c8.../epic%20goods/

Last edited by Vertigo; 09-16-2010 at 04:20 PM.