View Single Post
Old 01-23-2007, 11:24 AM
storyr
VIP Member

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help with ActiveSync

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rad
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rad
I went into the options where you can check/uncheck what you want to sync, and my whole Desktop area is grayed out - I can't check any of the boxes. Anyone know how I can fix this so I can sync from my desktop to my phone?
It's the same when I check the settings on my phone, as when I check the settings on ActiveSync on my PC.

When I go to ActiveSync on the phone, the main screen shows when the last time I synced was. It says "

Treo
Synchronized: 1/22/07

Windows PC
Synchronized: 12/15/06

I don't know what's going on, why won't it sync my PC stuff.
It sounds to me like you don't have a partnership, or it's damaged. Or, it could be your Outlook version is too old? Here's a link to Microsoft's Activesync help page. Look at the very bottom for Outlook synchronization issues

In Activesync on the PC, go to File -> Mobile Device. Your device should be listed there.

My suggestion is to delete the device from Activesync (on the PC), then reestablish it.

1. Undock your device
2. From Activesync on your PC, File -> Delete Mobile Device
3. Cradle your device and set it up again.