View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 01:05 AM
gcianc
Regular 'Geeker

gcianc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Changed to Omnia 2

congrats on your switch but your info is totally misleading. You'll find that Verizon stores will simply expedite ship a direct replacement "imagio" no matter how much you complain, beg and/or threaten. Exceptions are rare. An uncommon but more likely swap is they'll let you buy a new phone on at "1-year price" without extending your contract.

The imagio price is not $50... more misleading info. it's Full Retail Price is $579.99 and has never been lower. Verizon also loses more $ swapping phones/brands mid-contract as HTC is picking up the brunt of the cost of these Imagio defects (they all have a 1 year warranty remember, all Verizon is doing is expediting the replacement).

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncal View Post
They will only change you out to a different "like new" phone of the same value. So if you look at the phones on the Verizon site, you will notice that the Imagio sells for $50 now. Any phone that sells for $50 ( including the O2) would be swappable.

But you'll still have to be aggressive about it. The "secret" policy is that they will do this after 3 replacements.

After 5 Storms, I bitched enough that I got my brand new Imagio for free., but it was a lot of bitching and talking to managers. GOOD LUCK!

Good thing at least is that I went from my Storm to the Imagio and now the O2, all for my original $200 way back when. On the flip side, one should not go through 8 phones in a 2 year period of time and I am VERY careful with my phones.
#1 smartphone annoyance: wasting 40% of home screen on a clock.
FINALLY! - with Windows Phone 7 Series... we are taking accountability for the entire experience. That means you will not see layers, like HTC Sense or TouchFLO built on top of the UI by OEMs or MOs (mobile operators). - Aaron Woodman, Microsoft Director of Consumer Experiences