View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 02:01 AM
montecristo1
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Left Touch Pro 2 for the Evo

@horndoctor @steveo70- thanks bros.

@crazed_z06,
you are right, works out of the box... but when referring to tweaks- i meant more personalization to your phone to your liking and usage. I am still an Android newbie, still learning, but for what I have experienced so far-it is whatever is on the marketplace. With winmo (6.1), I had MORE control over what I wanted on my today screen. Like phonealarm- which managed my phone's profiles day to day. And backing up for what I have heard is not as easy as it is for winmo. I used Sprite Backup and whenever something went wrong- restoring was a snap! For what I have been reading- Android apps have issues on not backing up everything. Luckily I found Sprite for Android- but everyone states that Titanium Backup is the best- but can miss some apps- so you will need an app back up aside- something I did not have to worry on winmo.

Keyboard: like I said, I do miss the keyboard. My fingers gets tired of constantly touching one letter at a time. I hope there is an external bluetooth available for the Evo soon. I am in the process of inputting my passwords- but haven't found an app equivalent to ewallet yet. But I have atleast 50 site passwords and 20 other important information to input- and inputting them on a virtual keyboard sucks! And swype ain't going to make it faster.

Battery: the OEM battery for the EVO is 1500mAh (same as the Touch Pro2)- and it is an issue. Luckily, I have a Seidio 1750mAh battery for a little more juice. Big screen, faster processor would require more juice... HTC sucked a big one for not adding at least a 2000mAh battery.

Apps: Android does have a lot free apps on the Marketplace. However, it is beginning to look like the Apple Store- alot of useless apps- which doesn't make it better. But i rather have quality over quantity. I hope- many of the apps I had on my touch pro2 will be available on Android- like phonealarm.

I am sure, as time goes, I will be more familiar with Android and learn to utilize it better.

Last edited by montecristo1; 09-07-2010 at 02:04 AM.