View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 01:33 AM
crazed_z06
PPCGeeks Regular

crazed_z06 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Left Touch Pro 2 for the Evo

Interesting. I got my Droid X a few days ago and I can honestly say I havent missed Windows Mobile for a second. It's like getting out of a 6 year long abusive relationship.

OS: Yes, WinMo might be easier to tweak, but right out of the box the Driod X is chugging along like clockwork. I really dont even had the desire to tweak much right now. It's already pretty customizable out of the box, so I havent had to go searching around for fixes for things.

Apps: No competition whatsoever. Im way more productive with equivalent apps on Android. They load and run literally 10 times faster. They integrate with everything else on the phone seamlessly. They look much better. The user interface is actually touch friendly so a stylus isnt needed.. This is the best part of the phone. It's hard to explain how much better it is. Like the difference between a Pontiac Grand Prix and BMW 5-Series.

Web: The included browser demolishes IE, Opera, etc on WinMo. It loads pages unbelievably fast and renders them perfectly. With multitouch, browsing is much more efficient.. very similar to the Iphone/Ipod Touch. Once again, no stylus required. When it gets native flash support from froyo, it'll be even more awesome..

Screen: It's huge and clear. I thought Id miss hardware keyboards. I had a 8525, Tilt, and TP2 because I always thought a hardware keyboard was a requirement. Not anymore. I cant text way faster with Swype than I ever could with a physical KB.

Battery: Seems about the same. DroidX probably burns through battery faster, but it's not so much that it's an issue at all.

Games: No competition. Some of the games on here look like actual computer games. I never did any gaming on a phone, so it's not a big deal. It is pretty impressive though.

USB: Syncing things is easier on the TP2 obviously since it's running s MS OS. I had to export my Outlook contacts to Gmail to import them into the Droid. Also, the Droid has multiple types of USB connections that you can do with the PC. It's a little tricky at first. After experimenting, I use the "PC Mode"..

I cant imagine any reason Id ever use the TP2 for anything ever again. I actually tried to give it to my gf because she had some old flip phone, but she saw all the issues I used to have with WinMo and she opted to sign up for a new contract and get a Droid2 instead.
This post has been thanked 1 times.